Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"How will you make it a point that all children are included in classroom discussion? How will you create a classroom in which children are comfortable sharing their ideas and challenges with each other?"

I really like how one of my professor's does discussions. When we start talking about a topic and she wants everyone to participate, she has us all get in a circle and go around talking about it. She requires us all to go, but we can go at whatever point we want to, we don't go in any sort of order. I really like that because it requires you to participate, but you pick when you go. She wont just call on you when you aren't prepared to talk. I think that that is a really good way to go about it. I would like my future classroom to be something like that!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It's a tough thing- every age responds to this differently. The trick is knowing your students and knowing how to engage everyone in conversation without making anyone feel like they are being put "on the spot" in a negative way.

    ReplyDelete